A one-day blitz benefiting the Dublin YMCA and development and inclusion of women in sport
JOIN US ON
25 June 2022
9am – 5pm
Hosted at Wanderers Rugby Club, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Deadline to register: 17 June 2022
- 8 teams (4 competitive and 4 recreational)
- Round robin play versus each of the 3 teams in each respective tournament
- Teams are then reseeded and play a 4th match either for the cup (1st) or the plate (3rd) in their respective tournament
- Lineup format will be standard WBSC format of 5 men and 5 women in each lineup. There will be additional incentives if more women are played.
Cost & what's included
- €180 per team for registration
- Cost of registration includes lunch plate for up to 15 people
- Register and pay at the form on this page
- More food will be available on the BBQ after the tournament for purchase
- Drinks also available for purchase in the clubhouse from 11am – or whatever time Fergus decides to start pouring drinks
- Vegetarian/vegan options for either lunch or dinner can be available upon advance request
Space are limited!
Entry is on a first come, first pay basis.
There’s more ways to win! Enter our raffle on the day to win some amazing prizes.
No outside alcohol
Wanderers does not permit outside alcohol, but the bar will be open from 11am.
Latest Club News
TL;DR - adding a third team, going international, more softball please Well, the 2022 season was so much fun that the Kegs Softball Club decided that the only answer was MORE SOFTBALL PLEASE. After adding 19 new members last year plus a few more joining us...
2022 was a very successful season on multiple fronts. In terms of membership, we had a huge influx of new players thanks to ongoing communications via Facebook groups in Dublin as well as word of mouth from our existing members from 2021. We did lose 5 regular...
It was a mild, dewy Saturday morning in Ballsbridge. The birds were chirping, the trees were rustling in the wind, and deep in the bowels of the Wanderers Rugby Club house preparations were being made for a day of softball, charity, and pints. KegFest had laid...
TL;DR lots of jelly shots and the Kegs defend their Pink Blitz title from 2019 After two years in a covid-induced hibernation, the 22nd annual Pink Blitz returned in all its glory this year as 9 teams from across the island survived the battle against a never ending...
You couldn't throw a softball without hitting a Keg or a Chugger at Castleknock College over the weekend. There were 27 club members competing in one of the biggest blitzes of the year featuring 11 different teams, two of which were the Kegs and the...
All Girls Softball hosted their first blitz of 2022, fielding an impressive 6 individual teams from across Ireland. A Cinco de Mayo-themed, round robin tournament saw the 'Pitches be Crazy' team from Belfast, remain undefeated and take home the top standing. Event...
Kegs Trivia Night
Join us for another social event to help raise Join the Kegs Softball Club for a evening of pints, trivia, and great craic, as your hosts Peter Murnaghan and Niall Ledford tease your brains with questions about sports, geography, pop culture and other categories! And all for a good cause, 100% of proceeds donated.
Pay for BBQ here!
Looking to grab some grub at the Blitz? You can pay here. Just bring your receipt to the grill as proof of payment.
Don’t forget to share all of your photos of the day and use #KegFest2022!